There’s a part of you that wants to change.
It’s brought you to this post.
And, there’s a part of you that doesn’t want to change.
These parts of us feel like they are battling against each other sometimes.
We know inherently that where we place our attention is what grows.
Like the sun and water for plants, it is the conscious placement of our focussed attention that grows the part of you that wants to change or doesn’t want to change.
Where have you been placing your attention?
Which part of you do you want to grow?
When we start to see this as a possibility that we might even considering changing, all of our fears, doubts and concerns inevitably come up.
You might have thoughts like the follow:
- But, I don’t know where to start.
- I don’t know how to do things differently.
- I can’t make an effort to change, I don’t have enough time as it is.
- It’s a part of the research culture to work hard and then escape.
- Everyone else is doing it this way, why can’t it work for me?
- It’s worked for me so far; why would I change?
It is the fear-based the part of us that does not want to change. It is seeking attention. We must love this part of us; however, choosing not to act from it or more likely, not take inaction from it, takes practise.
The part of you that wants to move forward knows. It is not confused even though it may just be a whisper now.
Where are you going to place your attention? Who are you going to listen to? Where are you going to act from?
Some questions you might ask yourself are:
- How bad does it need to get to create a willingness to change and see things differently?
- Are you working to exhaustion and then hiding or escaping?
- Spinning your wheels and going in circles?
- Procrastinating and avoiding the tasks that you know will bring you closer to what you truly want and what you have to give to your community?
- Do you get the sense that this is just not sustainable long term?
- Why am I choosing to work this way? Could there be another way?
When you are ready, when you see the opening of your desire for change, it is time to breath life into that part of you that wants to change.
It takes practise to pay attention to this part of us and a container of accountability and support is the most efficient and effective way to ensure that we create this space and breathe into it for ourselves.
When you are ready, your next step is to email me at email@example.com and we will schedule a complimentary Discovery Call where will take a look at what’s happening for you together and see if the work that I do is a good fit for you or not.
I am certain that you have the capacity to change and that change is coming for you.